Friday 12 May 2017

Back to Black at That's Crafty


Back to Black is the theme on the That's Crafty Challenge Blog this week.
I have a journal page to share.


My project started with a piece of black gessoed card that I had used for mopping up stencils from my Gelli Plate, this gave me a lovely muted background of colours which I cut to size, to fit in my 5 x 7 journal.


I added more detail with a lovely Kim Dellow Stencil from Paperartsy


I then added colour to the stenciled area by keeping the Big stencil in place and layered others over it to add color through. I used a selection of from the Dinky range by That's Crafty for this.



I then replaced the big stencil and used it as a template to add white highlights with a pen to the stenciled area.

I am now horribly stuck as to what to do next, so I am going away to think.......

Two day's later and I am back with my finished page.

I found a lovely collage image and title from a music sheet in my bit box which gave me an idea for a theme.

I stamped the book  ring from the That's crafty Textures stamp set 2 onto text paper and added this to the top right of the page, added some drippy images using the same stamp set and Art Alchemy metallique gold rush paint to stamp with. Over this I used DecoArt crackle glaze mixed with  Dioxazine Purple pushed through the dinky stencil 081.


I used my finger to rub paint over this when dry to highlight the crackle.


I added a bit of black stencilling and stitching and a couple of random bits that I found in my collage box. Finishing it all by rubbing on odd colours of Distress crayons here and there just to give it a bit more of a moody look.


I must admit this was one of those projects that I really did  not like at one stage and it nearly went in the bit torn in half in a huff. But I am glad I persevered with it as I now really like the way it all came together.

Carol xx

2 comments:

Fliss said...

So glad you persevered with this one Carol as the end result is totally amazing.
Fliss xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Carol, well done for sticking with it, it was really worth it xx